Monday, November 3, 2008

Voting

Well, tomorrow is the highly anticipated election day that has been in the news nonstop now for months. It is a historic election. We will either have our first black president or first female vice president. It is pretty amazing to live in a country that offers these possibilities.

A few weeks ago, it occurred to me that I really hadn't finished a book in quite some time. So I returned to reading Shane Claiborne's, The Irresistible Revolution. In the chapter, Kingdom's Collide, he writes about the conflicting allegiances Christians face - allegiances to God and country. He shared an interesting statement about voting:

"After all, we vote every day by how we live, what we buy, and who we pledge allegiance to, so I just decided to write in my vote, as I did not find it on the national ballot."

Later!

No comments: