Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Times They Are A-Changin'

This line from Bob Dylan's song with the same title has been going through my mind over and over again now for days. There is a lot of change going on right now. At work, we are experiencing change - reorganization and new challenges due to the weak economy. On the national scene, we elected a new president yesterday. The time changed over the weekend. The leaves have changed color. I have been thinking a lot about change - lamenting some changes and taking joy in others. Maybe it is just consequence of all the change that is happening right now, but I've been wondering about changes in my own life. Are there areas that need to change? Questions of purpose and identity have floated through my thoughts as of late. I read some letters tonight that I had kept from years past. They left me feeling challenged more than ever and with even more unanswered questions.

No comments: