Monday, November 10, 2008

This Evening

I just had something strange happen. When I walked in the door, I locked at the clock.

9:01

9:01? I was so confused. I ran into the bedroom and checked the alarm clock.

9:01

What the heck?

Then, I it dawned on me.

Duh!

I haven't changed the clock in my car and was driving back from Mishawaka thinking that it was already 10:00. (My guess is that the car clock won't be changed until a road-trip sometime next summer.)

It was a pretty amazing feeling, though, to realize that there was still an "extra" hour in the day.

So tonight we had our second accounting exam. It was actually pretty fun in a warped sense of fun. Before class, I was talking with the student behind me. We were just kind of chatting and then she asked if I had thought about tutoring in accounting. (Tutoring in accounting? Another, what the heck? for the night.) She told me that she knew I was doing good in the class - kind of weird what people know - and wondered if I had thought about tutoring. Flattered, I said that I only get to campus once a week so the timing wouldn't work out great. However, it was pretty cool to be asked. For a long time, I've been the "mad scientist guy" so it was neat for a few minutes to be the "accounting guy."

After class, I headed down to Kohl's for some gloves. I'm hoping to run in the AM and my old gloves failed to keep my fingers warm. (What are gloves for, anyway?) After finding gloves, I headed out of the parking lot and an amazing sign drew my attention:

Del Taco.

I had never been to Del Taco but succumbed to temptation and drove the Cav across the road into the parking lot of Del Taco. With great anticipation, I casually sauntered into the establishment and checked out the menu like I had been there a thousand times. I concealed my delight at seeing "Crispy Fish Taco $1.49" listed on the second menu panel from the left. What to get with the fish taco? I casually turned my head to read the rest of the menu and an sublime image drew my attention. The picture depicted a concave vessel nearly overflowing with a vast orange-hued web encompassing premium gems - cosmic legumes. Dazed, I whispered the remainder of my order and waited, gazing in awe at the picture, until the order came up.

Beans, so magical.

(Okay, so I only wasted 1/2 of my extra hour writing this. Night!)

2 comments:

Abby Miller said...

it's kinda funny how you talked about your car clock being an hour off. I changed my car clock before the "spring forward" so from that time it has always been an hour ahead. and now that we had to "fall back", it's right on time :)

Chuff said...

Let's just get this cleared up. Your car clock wasn't off an hour. It was off some ridiculous number of minutes, like 47 minutes or something. At least that is how it was the last time I was in it.

...who sets their clock 47 minutes off??