Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Moments

The holiday season started off with a bang last night in B-town.

Last night the Horizon band joined the high school band and Santa Claus at the town Christmas lighting. Down-town Bremen was packed with people of all ages just out having a good time. Some people may or not have even sported blinking red noses. Grandpa was really in the festive spirit and came up by the keyboard to sing a long.

After the lighting, my brother and I carpooled all of about 5 blocks to my aunt's house for some amazing soup. We welcomed our family from Wisconsin as they finally made it into town after some busy traveling conditions. We all made s'mores around the fireplace!

After setting up the chairs and tables with Jim for Horizon's dinner, I went out for a "turkey trot." Wow, it really couldn't have been more beautiful... the crisp air, the radiant sun, clear skies. Amazing.

All Mom's side of the family met in Winona Lake for lunch. This included two rousing games of Pictionary.

The evening featured the Huff gathering in Mishawaka and I think ten rounds of Catchphrase. I'm glad that my dad could be with all of his three sisters this Thanksgiving. That hasn't happened in a long time.

And now...

Sleep!

No comments: