Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oswego

I left for another trip to Oswego on Tuesday. The trip out was uneventful and I made it into town in time to hit the health club in the basement of the hotel.

I focused much of the trip on the electroplaters. While studying the platers and contemplating improvement opportunities and strategies, it occurred to me that plating is how I entered into this business. It is kind of strange how some things seem to end up cycling back. Situations and context change but many of the underlying issues remain the same including containment of corrosive chemicals, identifying key parts and maintaining adequate inventory of these parts, and drag-out concerns.

I have enjoyed getting to know the people at the plant. It is interesting to hear their stories.

The trip back to the airport of Friday ended up being a bit challenging due to white-out conditions. The snow was really coming down! I couldn't see the road. However, it let up as I approached Syracuse and the flight ended up being delayed by just an hour.

Friday night, after flying into Chicago, I met a friend for dinner at Giordano's. Now that is some good pizza!

1 comment:

Justin said...

If it's possible for man to authentically love an inanimate object in a godly way, that is my experience of Giordano's pizza.