Monday, November 24, 2008

Simple Gifts

Lately, this idea of simple pleasures has been coming up in communication. I'm not really too keen on pleasures so I'm changing it to gifts.

So I am thankful for simple gifts...

Some of these gifts...

On Saturday, I drove out to the farm and Chad was cultivating the soil. (I'm sure he has a more appropriate term.) The smell of the newly turned soil permeated the Cavalier. The richness of the soil was overwhelming!

Tonight, I helped Clella move her furniture back. She is a special gal and I'm thankful for her pies, friendship bread, and hugs. (By the way, she is a great lifeguard!)

I am thankful for the opportunity to take the plunge in the mornings into the cool pool water. It sure is a great way to clean away the cobwebs. (The run across the field in a damp swimming suit is fun, too.)

When Troy was in high school, he used to stop by my house sometimes for lunch. Sometimes, our schedules would coincide and we both be at the house for a few minutes. Those were great moments. Now, he is away at college, but I still am thankful when he calls while at home to see if he can come into town and watch one of the games on cable (like he is tonight).

I'm thankful for the opportunity to play music with the band at church as we worship God. Sometimes it takes being away from practice a week to really realize what a wonderful group that we have.

Feel free to share the simple gifts for which you give thanks.

Out!

No comments: