I'm going to share some clues now and you can guess the mystery substance.
1. This substance is very popular in some circles. The content of this bowl was consumed in approximately 5.38 minutes.
2. It is a heterogeneous mixture.
3. The color is green-brown. (Maybe more green than brown.)
4. The consistency and appearance of this mixture reminds me a lot of baby food peas. I'm not sure if this is quite accurate b/c it has been awhile since I've eaten baby food peas.
5. The main component of this mixture is readily available in the Dominican Republic. (I know this first-hand because I ate quite a bit of this while in the D.R.)
6. I once heard a story about how a person was eating this in a restaurant and was startled to see it moving in the bowl. (Worms.)
7. Adding lemon juice to this mixture helps to delay browning. This can also be accomplished by pressing plastic wrap into the mixture until serving time.
8. This is my favorite mixture to make. Okay, my food repertoire is not that extensive, but it is still my favorite thing to make.
Okay, I have run out of ideas for clues right now. Go ahead. Take a risk and make a guess or, better yet, offer some other clues. If you have had any interesting experiences with this substance, feel free to share those as well.