Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Habits

I have a temper.

When things get
Out of my control,
I get angry.
I GET ANGRY.
I swear.
I get ugly.
(Are you tracking with me?)
Yesterday,
I got angry.
Today,
I apologized.
Today,
I asked
Myself,
"Are you
Preparing
The
Way?"
Yikes.
There once was this dude named John, John the Baptist. He was an interesting character. He prepared the Way. Check out these verses from the Message. "John dressed in a camel-hair habit tied at the waist by a leather strap. He lived on a diet of locusts and wild field honey. People poured out of Jerusalem, Judea, and the Jordanian countryside to hear and see him in action." (Matthew 3:4-5)
Habit.
Habits.
People
Hear and see
Me
In action.
Yikes!

2 comments:

YLLOH said...

If we simplify our 'worldly' selves-we will become less angry!!!????
EAT BUGS!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

YLLOH said...

When things get out of control, or out of YOUR control????