Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some Quotes


Here are some quotes that Dan Miller references in his book No More Mondays.

He who rejects change is architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery. - Harold Wilson

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -Henry Ford

The real act of discovery is not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes. -Marcel Proust

Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure. -Thomas Edison

The quote from Proust reminds me of my glasses. Sometimes, I wish that my glasses could have windshield wipers because they always seem to get so smeary. I'm always walking around in a fog. However, when I clean them, everything always seem to look a little brighter. Kind of goofy, but these smudgy glasses certainly are a subtle reminder that how we view our surroundings depends on the lenses through which we gaze.

No comments: