Saturday, October 4, 2008

Writing

Well, I would eventually like to write about several things that have been whirling around in my noggin.

Among them,

Restoration, resurrection, and the importance of the tangible body

Average Propensity to Serve vs Average Propensity to Soak (This is a concept that I came up with on my own based off of econ concepts. It applies to church life and I'm really excited to share.)

Tailgating

Powerpoint 2007 - Our company has not upgraded to '07 and I had no idea how awesome this new version is. I've been working on the econ powerpoint and I'm beside myself with excitement at the new design possibilities.

However, I'd just like to take a minute before heading to the shower (and maybe even getting my hair to untangle) to write about a friend.

Today, a friend stopped by to use my computer and Internet. He is a new student at Ivy Tech this fall and was looking for an article to review. In the process, he pulled up two of his papers and asked for some help with punctuation.

English is his second language.

I really admire his eagerness to head back to school and rise to the challenge of learning, reading, and writing in a language other than his own native tongue.

This has to be extremely difficult and frustrating. Quite frankly, I can't imagine going to school and having to write about chemistry, accounting, or economics in Spanish. Sometimes, it is hard enough to write about in English!

I wish him the best of luck on this new adventure!

1 comment:

Justin said...

I can't imagine that you are referring to the Notre Dame pre-game tailgating today? If so, I was there!