Monday, October 27, 2008

Cleaning House

Well, I was able to borrow a charger from work so am able to use my laptop again. My charger is enroute from Oswego on a CCI truck.

Tonight, I drove through snow showers on the way home from Bethel. That was kind of shock to the system!

Okay, this may come as a shock to those of you who know me best. This past weekend, I commenced on a house cleaning journey. Yes, after closing on the house, reality hit and I now have this desire to start over with a clean slate. The first step in this process is the elimination of "low hanging fruit." This is stuff that does not require much thought. Examples include old magazines, broken items, old notes and papers from work that somehow found their way into the house, and tattered clothes. The second step has been cleaning out closets and drawers in order to put in the stuff that does not currently have a home. Honestly, I kind of hover back and forth between these two steps because I have cleaning ADD. I bounce around from cleaning project to cleaning project.

The weekend ended with 4 larger trash bags out on the curb. On one hand, it was kind of embarrassing to have this much rubbish to purge. On the other hand, it was such an amazing feeling to let the bags drop... let go of all that junk. I kind of felt lighter, less burdened. This cleaning process will continue on for probably a few more weeks. Not sure what will happen after that.


Later!

2 comments:

Don said...

I had a similar experience right after Jackie and I got married and I was cleaning out my apartment in Valpo before moving to South Bend. I was amazed at just how much stuff accumulated, several bags out to the dumpster.

Trent said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere buddy.