Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pie Revisited

A few posts ago, I mentioned that Clella gave me this awesome peach pie. (I knew it was awesome because it came from the same set of pies that someone may or may not have had two pieces of a few days prior.) Anywho, when I got that pie safely back to the T-abode, the knife came out of the drawer and carved out a nice sixth of the pie. However, as I longingly prepared to scoop the piece out, the fork stopped. I covered the pie up and stuck it into the fridge. Okay, you know what? I really wanted that piece of pie and another piece for breakfast and another piece for lunch and so on. Yet, it ended back in the fridge. The next day five work friends enjoyed the pie, too. It is this multiplier effect thing that I wrote about. Clella gave one pie unit but it had the total impact of giving 6 pie units. This is God's economy and the reaction from one of my buddies was priceless. So I think Clella and her pies (and friendship bread and other goodies) are another great example of restoration. So there are two examples thus far and Justin left an awesome comment on the original post. Please revisit the previous two posts and share your thoughts and observations about restoration, renewal, resurrection-living!

And...

cut!

1 comment:

Trent said...

"pie unit"... I love it.