Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Employee Profile

I'm going to double-dip and post my responses to an employee profile that I was asked to fill out and just finished.

1. What does your job as Bremen Process Engineer entail?

Wire break analysis and problem-solving; copper size analysis and reduction; maintaining and creating new set-up sheets; setting up new parts for production; monitoring die wear; advising on lubricant maintenance; testing tin line solutions; evaluating tin quality; basically, whatever I can do to serve the company

2. What do you like most about your job?

The friendships that have developed are what I like most about my job. I am very fortunate to have friends from several disciplines. The parts about my job that I like the best are opportunities to teach, develop presentations, and write reports. I am passionate about technical communication and enjoy any opportunity to educate our employees and customers. PowerPoint is an amazing tool for creatively expressing ideas.

3. Where did you work before Copperfield?

I started full-time at Copperfield around Christmas of 2003. However, I worked part-time through college back to 1999. Growing up, I spent time working on the farm driving tractors and working with the pigs. While at St. Joseph’s, I was a Mathematics Teaching Scholar, a freshmen leader, and the American Institute of Toxicology Intern-Scholar. At Purdue, I was a graduate teaching assistant. Aside from my student teaching stint While at St. Joseph’s, I was a Mathematics Teaching Scholar, a freshmen leader, and the American Institute of Toxicology Intern-Scholar. At Purdue, I was a graduate teaching assistant. Aside from my student teaching stint at Renssealer Central Middle School, I have never put my 5-12 teaching license to use.

4. What do you like to do in your free time?

Well, I don’t have a lot of free time. However, I enjoy reading (the Bible, popular theology, Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy), playing in the worship band at Horizon church, working out in the mornings, hosting or attending gatherings with friends, campfires, and playing piano. I also am an adamant believer in life-long learning and have completed a master’s degree in materials and chemical synthesis and am currently taking business classes.

5. What is your favorite TV show or movie?

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
“Shake ‘n’ bake!”
“If you’re not first, you’re last.”

6. Favorite sports (teams)?

Personally, I enjoy running and biking. These are new hobbies that I started this past summer. We made it out to 50 miles in one ride to meet our goal for this summer. I’ve run in a few 5Ks and hope to do a 10K yet this fall. My favorite teams are the Bremen Lions and St. Joseph College Pumas football teams. (Of course, as a band guy, the honest truth is that the best parts of the games are the half-time shows featuring the Emerald Alliance and Puma marching bands. Go bands!)

7. What is a little known fact about you?

I have ground up human kidneys, livers, spleens, brains, and skeletal muscles (some with maggots) in a blender. I have also studied the diphenhydramine (Benadryl) concentration in decomposed tissue from a plane accident in the mountains.

1 comment:

Trent said...

Did you have fava beans and a bottle of chianti around when you did the brains in the blender thing? I heard that is good.