Saturday, October 25, 2008

Home Again

On Tuesday, I left work in Bremen and headed out to our sister facility in Oswego, New York. The journey started with a drive to O'hare and continued with a flight to Syracuse. This trip included a "first" for me. Until this point, I have always traveled with others who rented the car or had ground transportation provided upon arrival. This time, I actually rented a car and ended with this Subaru. Honestly, I actually really liked driving the car. It was quite spacious and had a lot of features not included in the Cavalier. Oh well, I think that I'll stick with the Cavalier!

I stayed at the Best Western in Oswego. It had a fitness club in the basement that was open to hotel guests so it was nice to be able to continue with some of the routine from back home in Bremen. The work at the Oswego facility included broad topics and will take extensive effort in the weeks and months to come. However, I really enjoyed spending time with several of the employees. It is not often that one has the opportunity to work with individuals so excited about change and continuous improvement. This has been a bittersweet week, though. Folks, we are in some extremely tough economic times (as if anyone needed this pointed out). Our company is not immune to this reality and the difficult decisions required in these troubled times. In the midst of these struggles, we need amabassadors of hope.

Friday night, I flew back into O'hare and headed down-town (in the dark and rain) to meet up with John, David, and Megan. I went to school with John and we shared a wall for three years. We ate at great little Italian restaurant and shared many stories and laughs. Needless to say, it ended being a late night and I rolled back into Bremen at 3:30 AM this morning.

Because I left my computer cord out in New York, I'm writing this at the farm after partaking of some phenomenal chocalate chip pancakes!

Out!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Yum. Glad your back.