Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Verse of the Day

Philippians 4:6 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.

Tonight, I went to the blog to update and noticed the verse of the day posted on the right of my blog. It really caught my attention. Don't fret or worry. How much more basic can it get?


Contrast this to today's USA Today front-page headline, "For Investors, 'Bloodbath' Reflects Fear."


Wow, equating the economic crisis to a bloodbath and fear. I don't know. This just seems to take things too far. In the end, we can't take our money, we can't take our possessions. Is this economic crisis truly a bloodbath? Is it truly something to fear?

The chapters that I read yesterday from the Shack had a lot more to offer into this issue of fear and worry. However, the books is upstairs and I am not, so good night.

By the way, I'm definitely not saying that I am free of worry and fear.

However, I can say that lately the more I talk (or write) about things the more likely they are to become reality.

Keeping It Real,

Wire Boy (as named by a hotel receptionist) full of barbecue and salsa




No comments: