Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2:09 AM

Last night, the power flickered sometime between midnight and 1:00 AM. The answering machine restarted and woke me up. This led to pretty restless night. However, the night actually got pretty interesting. I woke up again just after 2:00 AM and was pretty much wired. So I decided to get up and walk around a bit. Wanting to kind of get things off my mind, I decided to check out a few blogs on the computer. However, I ended up checking my email instead and there was this cool little comment left on the last post.

Todd, I have spent most of this evening reading thru your blogs over the last year. I shed several tears as well as many smiles. Fathers day, the boat and mushrooms, tributes to mom and grandma. Ive missed so much. Thanks for a great blog. Love Dad

When, I read this comment the tears started welling in my eyes - just like they are doing right now. Why? I'm not really sure other than knowing that my dad had taken the time at the end of his busy day to read through this goofy blog was the most incredible thing. Then, all of the sudden the lightbulb just kind of went on and I was thinking about God doing the same thing - sitting back and taking the time to read a blog, shedding some tears, smiling, and... loving.

This reminded me of a some lines from The Shack.

Mack is eating with Papa (God), Jesus, and Sarayu (the Holy Spirit).

"Conversation seemed almost normal. Mack was asked each of the childen, except Missy, and he talked about their various struggles and triumphs."

Later on Sarayu shares, "As we are listening to you, it is as if this is the first time we have known about them, and we take great delight in seeing them through your eyes."

Last night, I wrote about imagining God to be this wrathful judge.

Tonight, I'm seeing Papa (God) at a gigantic computer, eyes glistening with delight, while checking out a bunch of blogs - catching up on all the struggles, the tears, the triumphs, the fears, and the joys of his beloved creation - whispering comments here and there to his bloggers.

Dad, thanks for reading.

Papa, thanks for reading.

Love you guys.

Todd

3 comments:

Jan D-M said...

That was so awesome. I teared up, too.

Don said...

That's a great image Todd. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Todd, Thanks for writing! I took mom thru last year yesterday afternoon. We both smiled and cried together. She is still laughing over your second blog ever about grandma's cats especially yellow eyes, yellow tail, yellow ears. You are great! Love Dad