Saturday, September 27, 2008

Staycation - Exercising the Mind and Body


Thursday night, we met at the trailer again for a campfire. Actually, quite a group showed up. Among them, a family who had dropped off items two weeks ago. This time they stopped by to hang out with us at the fire. Anyway, the second picture highlights the staples of any campfire. We made a lot of s'mores!
So in my last post, I alluded to kind of reaching a breaking point. Yesterday turned out to be an amazing and rejuvenating day. It started at the same time as any normal weekday and included lifting with Jim and the guys and then swimming. However, the swimming session ended up extending to 22 laps. After swimming, our lifeguard, Clella, talked about all the yummy apple desserts she had been making. Believe me, my stomach did not need any encouragement to keep growling. So I headed home for some food and tackled my accounting homework. Later, I headed out on a approx 20 mile bike ride with Trent. We really didn't track the miles and went off-road for a bit but it was definitely more than 15. While biking, we talked quite a bit and he shared some interesting stuff from his organizational behavior class. It had to do with the balance between creativity and constraint in the working environment. I started thinking about if Jesus ever exhibited constraint. I'm not sure and am still thinking about that one. After biking, I met Brett at the Panda Garden for lunch and then hit the research for 5 continuous hours. My group is studying the economic impacts of Memorial Healthcare System and Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center. The data and research proved quite interesting and there were some pretty stark differences between the two organization. It was time for a study break so headed out on the white cloud rolling tailgate party to the football game and witnessed another Lion victory. Back at home, studied for next week's econ exam. So all in all, Friday was my kind of day.

2 comments:

Ben Miller said...

man, I miss the bike rides...

Todd said...

Hey Ben, missed ya on the bike ride.