Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A sense of loneliness

I was a little hesitant to write about this because I don't want it to come across as sounding like a proverbial pity party. That is not the intent at all. Instead, in keeping with the title of this blog, I just want to share something that happened on Sunday afternoon. Sunday, after leaving a lunch-time gathering (that included the best fried fish and peach pie ever), I ended up back at my house to finish some studying for econ and accounting. While studying, I was overcome by this incredible sense of loneliness. It was quite strange and I'm not sure what caused it or why. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly other than it felt like being in a box. I didn't really feel anxious or anything - just alone, separated. This pretty much zapped me and tonight I'm actually starting to get some energy back. The last two days have been "going-through-the-motions" type of days. I think, though, this experience kind of offered a glimpse at what life would be like without Jesus. What would it be like to be alone - totally separated from others, from Jesus? Now that would be lonely.

No comments: