Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Homecoming Part II

A few days ago, I wrote about Homecoming. Tonight (this is actually Saturday night - I'm reflecting and typing several posts tonight), I'm returning to this theme. Why? I received a great email from Trent this week and it finally dawned on me why this word has been so interesting to me over the last few days.

I think homecoming kind of captures something right now and something that is coming. According to Merriam-Webster online, a home is "1a: one's place of residence."

I live right here in the house where I am sitting on an ugly green couch with my feet propped up on a hexagon end-table. Yet, home is coming, returning.

So home is here and home is coming.

Or maybe,

The Kingdom is here and the Kingdom is coming.

Or how about,

The King is here and the King is coming.

How about this?

Jesus is here...

and Jesus is coming.

Uh oh, I guess I'm going to be thinking some more (some more = s'more?? haha).

Out.

1 comment:

Trent said...

we are here, and we are coming