Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chicken Helper and Some Randomness

As a bachelor, I find the whole issue of meals to be quite difficult. If I cook, then invariably I make too much and end up throwing some away. If I eat at Subway, then I'm not making very good use of my dollars. (Too use an economic term, my consumer choice is not great - I'm not getting the most bang for the buck.)

Enter Chicken Helper.

Chicken Helper is this amazing box containing some pasta and some magic dust that - when coupled with some cubed chicken, milk, and water - turns into this nice main dish. It is actually quite versatile. Tonight, I added a can of sliced mushrooms and a beautiful tomato and seasoned to taste with pepper and garlic powder. Snow peas are an excellent complement to this dish or you can throw them right into with everything else.

So when I typed bachelor up above, I was curious about the definition and had to laugh when it showed up at http://www.m-w.com/. Brace yourself for this one.

1: a young knight who follows the banner of another
2: a person who has received what is usually the lowest degree conferred by a 4-year college, university, or professional school ; also : the degree itself
3 a: an unmarried man b: a male animal (as a fur seal) without a mate during breeding time

I really liked the first definition. I like the sound of that, a young knight who follows the banner of another. Me, a knight. That sounds pretty cool.

Now for a total change of subject...

This past Saturday, Trent had us sing a Christmas song, "O Little Town of Bethlehem." Christmas songs in September? Awesome.

Out.

2 comments:

Ben Miller said...

Enter Ramen Noodles: the best invention in terms of cheap food...

Trent said...

Put them all together and you get an "Unmarried college knight who doesn't have a seal to mate with." I like that definition.