Sunday, April 26, 2009

Praise

Last night Jim walked us through the process of "finding peace." One of the components of this process is praising God for everything. He referred to Psalm 9:1-2:

I will praise you, O Lord, with all of my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

Today, it is difficult to know even where to begin when it comes to praising God.

The morning started off at 6:30 with a 10.5 mile run. It is pretty amazing to run with these guys on Sunday mornings. Today, was also the most beautiful Sunday morning of the year with warmth, green grasses, the small of flowers and turned soil in the air.

By 8:30, I was off with Jim, Jan, and Clella to the airport. I wish them the best on their road trip!

At around 1:45, Trent and I set off on a bike ride that was a blast - literally. The wind was absolutely brutal coming out of the south-southwest. It literally moved our bikes perpendicular to the road. It is just so amazing to be out riding in conditions like this. I feel closer to creation. Of course, returning to find some of Georgia's fine cooking sure was amazing, too.

The evening included a quick stop at the 'rents house for a delicious enchilada casserole and a walk with Auntie Lois.

So, yeah, definitely a day filled opportunities to praise God.

The challenge is to continue praising even in the bad times.

The other challenge is to continue praising even when their are distractions that make it difficult to remember to praise.

This week, I'm hoping to spend time remembering to praise God... for everything!

Later,

Todd

No comments: