Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Leisure Reading

A week or so ago, it occurred to me that I had not done much leisure reading lately. Sure, I was reading but had not read a good fiction adventure in quite some time. Eager to start reading, I surveyed the bookshelves and came up empty handed. A bit discouraged, I walked around the house a bit. Then, one of the closets beckoned me open the door. Before my eyes rested a box containing some miscellaneous items. Oh yeah! A Clive Cussler book, Arctic Drift, glanced back at me from the box. It has been a genuine pleasure to take a few minutes a day and read. Adventure books, in particular, seem to foster some energy, excitement, and creativity. It definitely has been well worth the time to kick back and just read.

A random observation...

Tonight, I was trying to find a pair of non-white socks to wear tomorrow night. After rummaging through the clothes on the clean clothes futon, I ended up with a laundry basket filled with 18 lone socks.

Yes, 18.

First, the shear quantity was a bit overwhelming and even embarrassing. Yet, I was left asking a question. Where in the heck are the mates to these socks? I mean, most of you know that my organizational skills aren't always the greatest, but come on, 18 unmatched socks. This is just nuts.

Sorry about the sock tirade.

Take care,

Todd

1 comment:

Sarah Rissler said...

Todd,
Do not feel too bad about your 18 lone socks. It happens to all of us. I currently have 8 lone socks who are missing their mates. I used to have many more, but I threw them away because I could not understand how so many socks could just continue to go missing and never be found. You are not alone.....don't fret over the socks! :)