Thursday, April 9, 2009

Change

A few weeks ago I shared Just Some Thoughts. This post dealt with change.

These were some phrases:

All endings are beginnings
Every exit is an entrance
When one door closes another opens

I intentionally try to avoid writing much about work but just wanted to share some from the trip out east this week.

I spent the first half of this week at a plant in East Long Meadow, Massachusetts. This plant is closing and we spent a few days learning how to make the product that comes from this facility. I had the opportunity to talk with a few of the employees and was truly blown away by their sense of optimism, their sense of hope, and their obvious pride in the work that they were able to do at this facility. In the midst of this challenging and uncertain time, their willingness to help us and share information was so overwhelmingly generous and impressive.

This trip has been on my mind all day, and I still am not totally sure what to make of it.

No comments: