Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some further reflection

Wow, is it really Thursday?

Justin shared this great comment to my last post. He hit on something that about took my breath away. What was going through Peter's head when he told this crippled guy to get up and walk? Peter was a man - a person - just like we are people. I wonder if he was nervous, scared, or anxious. Or was he filled with confidence?

What about the crippled guy? What did it feel like for him to ask for help? It isn't easy to ask for help either. Sometimes it can be embarrassing or scary to ask for help.

On Wednesday, I was bench pressing. I have to tell you, I find bench pressing a little intimidating. However, this is an exercise that I want to focus on this year. On Wednesday, we were bench pressing and I was doing okay and just wanted to push the weights up one more time. However, it didn't happen. It was certainly a relief that other people were there when I said that it wasn't going to happen. It was great to have that weight lifted up.

A few other notes...

This week, I started financial statement analysis. I'm taking two accounting classes this spring. I'm more than a little nervous about the next several weeks. Some things have changed at work and we have some major projects. Also, in a matter of days, I'll be joining a group for a week in the Dominican Republic. So much going on!

No comments: