Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Saludos desde la Republica Dominicana

Hace mucho calor aqui (this should have an accent over the i but I can´t find it!).

Yes, it´s true. We are enjoying temps in the 80s right now in Hato Mayor. This is quite a contrast from yesterday driving to O`Hare. We encountered a snow storm on the Indiana tollroad that made everyone a bit nervous. However, by the time we arrived at airport, the sun was out and the skies were clear.

We found this little Internet access store right down from the Marmolejos` house so I`ll try to get down here for some updates.

Quick story. Last night on the plane to Miami, I had this crazy sneeze come over me that resonated throughout the plane. In fact, it caused this gal sitting next to Jim to start laughing. Jim turned to her and said that we were all together and this led to a conservation that lasted most of the flight. (By the way, the sneeze caused my gum to flight out of my mouth. Of course, I exclaim, where did my gum go. This led to further laughter. You don´t want to know where the gum went, but imagine where the gum would go if you lean forward to sneeze. I picked up and started chewing again.) Anyway, we met this gal named Anna. She is from Brazil and had quite a few stories to tell. She even has a pet boa constrictor. On the flight to Santiago, we met a guy from Goshen, IN. He and his family have lived down here for nine years leading various mission projects. What a small world!

Well, have a great day.

Todd

No comments: