Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back On-Line

I just got home from a community development conference and am now sipping a Campbell's soup at hand New England clam chowder. I really like how the little clam meat chunks come sliding through the sippy lid. Clam chowder out of glorified sippy cup - kind of an interesting combination.

So tonight, I am back on-line after some technical difficulties in the T-abode. Apparently one of the splitters (I found out there are several) went bad. I still had cable but the Internet went down. It is kind of amazing how much I missed Internet. I like having the opportunity to blog - to be able to write down thoughts, reflections, or just whatever is happening. It is kind of like a journal I guess. Email and facebook are great to have, too.

Tonight, I headed down to the community development conference. The conference was a SWOT analysis. SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. I was actually pretty startled by the list of strengths that we came up. Bremen actually has a lot of good stuff going for it. Yet, I think underlying this good stuff is an emerging sense of unrest (I don't think it is just me even though there was a poem two posts ago entitled this) or perhaps concern over the state of our community. The facilitator was really impressed by all the strengths that we came up - she said that we actually came up with a record number of strengths - six pages. However, when it came down to coming up with development or improvement ideas, it was like pulling teeth. - pretty uncomfortable One of the attendees said that we have tunnel vision. I think he might be right. We live in our own little world. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this first meeting.

No comments: