Friday, July 4, 2008

Power of Thanks

I am nominally the senior chemist at the company. However, the vast majority of my efforts involve cost reductions and process engineering. This requires a balancing act between the requirements of management and the needs of our production associates. It is easy for me to slide down the slippery slope of feeling that I am not meeting the requirements of either group. Last week, I had the opportunity to share some information at the shift meetings. I was pleasantly surprised to get positive feedback from both groups. In fact, one of the production associates actually pulled me aside the next day and said "thank you" for the cost reduction efforts. This was a huge lift for the day a significant reminder about the power of gratitude.

1 comment:

Jan D-M said...

It's amazing how much impact the simple words "thank you" can have. They can be the fulcrum the gets our ball rolling. (Hey look, Todd. I'm speaking science!)

Where in the world did you find internet in Landgrove?

:)