Monday, July 21, 2008

God's Presence

It is late. I am tired. However, I haven't written about God in awhile. (At least one person out there informed me that, at least for awhile, I wrote about God too much.) This evening I've been thinking about God's presence. I have sneaking suspicion God is present in places that we would never imagine. He is undoubtedly working right in front of me - and I fail to see Him. It is kind of like Peter, Susan, and Edmund in Prince Caspian. Lucy is able to see Aslan, but the others are not able to see him. They are too tired, too scared. Yet, young Lucy sees Aslan and believes. Eventually, the others also see Aslan.

Is God moving right in front of us? Is God right there - eager to lead us through the forests and the gorges of life? I know that he is - yet it is scary.

I probably relate most with Susan:

"But I've been far worse than you know. I really believed it was him - he, I mean - yesterday. When he warned us not to go down to the fir wood. And I really believed it was him tonight, when you woke us up. I mean, deep down inside. Or I could have, if I'd let myself. But I just wanted to get out of the wood..."

No comments: