Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hangin' out at Subway

This evening, I hopped on my bicycle and made the trek down to the local Subway. When making this journey, I prefer to take the side streets. The main street of this bustling community can be a little scary at certain times of the day. Anyway, I walked into Subway and was greeted with a "Hey Todd." (Is this a symptom of going to Subway too often? )

Caleb commented, "I'll get the letters for you a in a minute."

"The letters?" you ask.

(Have you ever wanted to change the letters on a road-side sign? You know, those signs with the letters that spell out the latest, greatest deal.)

A few minutes later, Caleb brought out the letters and I began piecing together a message to put up on the sign. Picking out a message was difficult. Why? Because, the message depends on the letters that are available. After exploring a few combinations of letters and adding some electrical tape in strategic locations, I had the message picked out.

Meanwhile, one of the employees from Copperfield stopped in to purchase a sandwich.

He asked, "Is this your second job?"

"Well, no," I replied, "just picking out some letters for a message."

During a brief lull in business (the 12-in sandwich for $5 is a hot item), Caleb stepped out to check on my progress of picking out a letters for the message.

"Do you want me to get the ladder?" he asked.

"Ladder?" I thought.

"Yeah, you can put up the letters."

"Really?!."

They actually had a special ladder for putting up the letters. It attached right to the sign. So, I pulled up my shorts (forgot to put on a belt) and headed up the ladder with the letters.

After removing some letters, moving some letters, and adding some new letters, HAVE YOU TRIED OUR FLATBREAD transformed into LETTER CARRIER FOOD DRIVE MAY 10.

Thanks to my friends at Subway.

You guys rock!

No comments: