Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Plan Bs

I read something last night that really shocked me. In fact, I don't know exactly what it means yet - haven't unpacked it yet.

Tiegreen writes, in Walk with God, "We are to give up our own strategies and ambitions, to relinquish all "Plan Bs," to recklessly, irrevocably cast ourselves completely into his arms."

I have always striven to have Plan Bs, back-ups plans, Todd plans. In fact, I probably take pride in having back-up plans.

What does it mean to give up Plan Bs?

What does it mean to recklessly cast ourselves completely into his arms?

What does it mean to trust God with reckless abandon?

What does all this mean in our day-to-day lives?

I'm not totally sure, but it sure sounds great!

1 comment:

Trent said...

Isn't Plan B a contraceptive? LOL

I like where this is going. Plan B is usually "Plan Me."

It's when we say, "God, I know your way is good and all, but it is a little to risky this time. I think I have a better idea."

Where would we be if Jesus would have chosen Plan B?