Monday, May 26, 2008

At The Parade

I forgot my camera or else there would be a picture of what I'm about to share. (Although, I have been told that my photography isn't very good, so maybe it is good that I forgot the camera!)

Today, I ventured out to a local Memorial Day Parade. (This was quite a feat because, for some reason, I just couldn't get going this morning. Do you ever just get to the point where you've gone, gone gone, and you just can't quite get motivated to go, go, go anymore? I passed the point of no return today and it was quite apparent in my poor reaction to a situation that occurred at Walgreens. Mom, I'm sorry, again. Okay, let's get back to the parade.) I was sitting with my cousins along the side of the road. We stood and clapped for the veterans. We watched firetrucks, cars, and and antique tractors drive by. We listened to the marching bands. Then, I saw something coming down the road. I did a double-take because it looked like a tower. My eyes were not deceiving me. One of the floats was a tower. As the tower approached, I saw four crosses protruding up from the corners of the tower and stained glass windows on the sides of the tower. I felt a little uneasy about this. There is no question that this church is an extremely beautiful structure. Indeed, each time I pass by this church, I admire its stately appearance. However, I wondered about what this particular float was honoring. Was it promoting a living, breathing body or a building?

No comments: