Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Strawberries

Tonight, I arrived home after a 1/2 day covert operation. Of course, I was hungry. So after a quick stop at Woodie's, I sat down on the futon for a quick dinner. The cold meat of choice this week is turkey, so I had yet another turkey and cheese sandwich. Then, I picked up one of the strawberries. The strawberries have not been very good over the last few weeks. (I purchase them pretty regularly.) Consequently, my taste buds were delighted upon biting into the first strawberry because it was the best strawberry that I have ever eaten. It was so sweet and yet kind of tangy, too. The remainder of the berries had this great flavor. Two hours later, I can still taste the berries on my tongue. This ended up kind of being a simple lesson in patience. I'm a big fan of strawberries but they have not been very good for several weeks. At the grocery store, I almost walked right by without getting a box. Yet, the berries ended up being excellent... and well worth the wait!!

2 comments:

Ben Miller said...

After reading this I had to eat a strawberry......spot on, very delicious.

Schafer said...

THuff, what 1/2 day covert operation? Interviews?