Monday, June 22, 2009

A Drive

Today, I had the opportunity drive around northwest Indiana for about 4 hours. I had a half day and was on a mission. The day far surpassed my expectations. I'm going to spare you the details other than to say that sometimes it is necessary to step out, to open doors, to take a drive. After stopping for a McDouble, small fry, and an iced vanilla latte, I was ready for the journey. About 40 miles into the trip, a light bulb came on in my head. Past events started to connect. Future possibilities started to become endless. My hand reached for the phone and I started making some calls. Sure enough, the calls that I made affirmed my light bulb moment. Later in the afternoon, I made another discoverey. Somewhere along the journey over the last several years, my confidence level had drained significantly. Yet hearing a few simple words from a near stranger boosted my confidence level. I have been really trying to reflect over the last few weeks on God offering a wellspring of opportunities. Now, I'm really starting to believe in the possibility of these opportunities.

No comments: