Thursday, September 24, 2009

Toothbrushes

Earlier this week, I was in a bit of a crisis situation.

Yes, a serious crisis.

I had toothpaste but didn't have a toothbrush.

What a sinking sensation to be getting ready for bed and then all the sudden realize, because of a series of events, no toothbrush.

Ironically, I had a spare toothbrush in my car just a few days earlier. (It was from my recent visit to the dentist) But my brother, Troy, needed a toothbrush. (That is another story in itself.) So when I forgot my normal toothbrush, I didn't have a back-up.

Well, it was not going to be possible to sleep without brushing my teeth.

So the only option was to use my finger.

Let me tell you that the finger does not work. My mouth felt pretty nasty.

This little situation taught me about all the things that we take for granted.

When was the last time you even thought about your toothbrush and its importance?

I never did until this week.

I can definitely say that I'm thankful for toothbrushes and am trying to be more conscious of the little things.

Take care,

Todd

3 comments:

Trent said...

Sometimes I run into this little situation with toilet paper. You don't really appreciate it until you have to use your finger.

Yeah...I just went there.

Jenn said...

All I did was read the title and could not stop laughing. I think I will get you toothbrushes for Christmas!

Jan D-M said...

Yo. Missed you tonight. Will miss you a lot.

That said, I would like to add that I am totally thrilled for you in your new adventures and don't begrudge you one minute of it.

:)