Thursday, September 17, 2009

Going to the Dentist: A Matter of Perspective

It is probably safe to say that most people do not like going to the dentist. However, I can honestly say that I enjoy my two trips to the dentist each year. First, the staff at Dr. Tolle's are extremely friendly. I only see some of them two times a year but it is like the conversations just continues seamlessly from the previous visit. Second, my normal hygienist has a daughter that graduated in my high school class. Consequently, she is kind of in the know when it comes to others from our class. It is always great to hear what classmates are doing. Third, it is just great to have about an hour to just kind of rest.

Today, I walked into the waiting room and was surprised to see my brother, Troy, waiting there, too. The crazy thing is that this was actually a rescheduled appointment for me because I couldn't make one earlier in the week and Troy is home from school for our brother's wedding. We ended up being in adjacent rooms and talked across the wall. Jessica, my hygienist for this visit and Chad's future wife's cousin, and I talked about the upcoming wedding and accompanying events. It was quite clear to me that this trip to the dentist really had more to do about people than teeth!

No comments: