Friday, September 11, 2009

Faith, Learning, and Work?

My favorite part of the management class that I'm taking right now is the faith and learning section. At Saint Joe, I became intimately aware that faith and learning go hand and hand. I recently pulled out some of my old papers and scanned through them. It was awesome to see the integration of faith and learning. As a future chemistry teacher (or so I thought at the time), I also integrated faith into teaching - at least in writing. For me, they seemed to fit together so readily. However, six years later, I am not a chemistry teacher, and I find it extremely difficult to live out my faith in the manufacturing environment. Consequently, this class is beginning to open my mind to the reality that God is present - even in manufacturing. As I embark on this new phase in my career, my hope is to remember that God is present and that there is purpose and meaning in work.

No comments: