Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things we take for granted

The other night, Ben and I wanted to play Rockband. However, we had a bit of a problem. To play Wii (or watch a DVD), it is necessary to change the input. Enter a serious problem. We couldn't figure out how to do it without the remote and the remote was missing. In fact, it was missing for more than a few days. But I guess it was easier to just use the buttons on the TV as opposed to locating the remote. Yet, when it came time to play Wii, this minor inconvenience escalated into something a bit more critical. So we started searching and Ben found the remote between the 2 sections of the big green sofa (at least this is where I think it ended up being). We changed the input and played some Rockband. Later, though, I realized that this was kind of a reminder. We certainly are fortunate too have so many "things." In fact, we probably take many, if not most, of these things for granted. So I'm hoping to be a bit more cognizant of my surroundings and appreciating what is around me.

Take care,

Todd

No comments: