Thursday, July 30, 2009

Appoint A King

When we were in Wisconsin, Trent shared some reflection about the early chapters of 1 Samuel. I have been slowly working my way through the rest of the book. This has been difficult. I guess I'm more of a New Testament guy and some of the OT seems a bit too tedious - too many names, strange places. However, there are also some really great stories. Just in these few short chapters, we meet these interesting people, Hannah and Samuel.

Last night, I was reading in bed and came across this passage.

1 Samuel 8:
4-5 Fed up, all the elders of Israel got together and confronted Samuel at Ramah. They presented their case: "Look, you're an old man, and your sons aren't following in your footsteps. Here's what we want you to do: Appoint a king to rule us, just like everybody else."

Well, it is late so I'll finish at another time.

Take care,

Todd


No comments: