Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just a quick note

Tonight is Thursday already. Another work-week has nearly passed. I'm not sure where it has gone. I'm pretty much exhausted. It feels like I never really have been able to get caught up from being in the D.R. and then dragging for awhile from being sick and then having a cold (today the snots have finally subsided!). Right now I'm trying to finish up my financial statement analysis paper of Starbucks and preparing for a final exam on Monday. This class has been one of the most challenging classes I've taken (not the most challenging but definitely one of them). That all being said, I've decided to take the next 8 weeks off from school and see how things go. (I actually have a blog post to share a bit more on this decision.)

But a quick note about last night. Last night, we had high school group at the church. It was my night to lead. On Tuesday, this idea came into my head to basically use my blog post on walking in the light vs the dark. So that's what we did. Each student walked across the main room of the church in the dark. Then, in the dark we talked about that experience. Some talked about being a little scared. Others talked about getting off track. Then we went back across the room to the door that was propped open just a few inches. It was amazing how those few inches of light illuminated a path all the way across the room. Yet, when we were walking way from that same propped open door, we could not see hardly anything!

Later, we gathered up on the stage in the dark around the keyboard and sang the song that I put on the blog post. It turned out to be a pretty special evening.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I went in to church last night at 9:00PM to practice some songs for the weekend. Talk about creepy! By the time I left, my knees were shaking and I practically had to run out of that place (no looking back).

You guys are brave!