Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Walking

Tonight, my good friend, Jan, and I took one of our western walking routes. We always share some pleasant conversation - about our day (or week depending on time between walks), about our families, about life. I always learn a lot on our walks. Tonight was no different



Jan shared that oftentimes we have to look for God. If we don't look, we probably aren't going to see. This is something that I have really been learning about this summer and hope to put into something coherent.



I'm going to paraphrase here, but she also noted that it takes time - three years - to start fitting into a job. Again, this is something that really hit home - particularly in this time of increasingly instant gratification.

Okay, I'm really tired and need to hit the hay.

(By the way, isn't there something special about eating breakfast at night?)

Out!

2 comments:

Trent said...

Breakfast at night Rocks! We should start a Breakfast Club and meet in the evenings for breakfast.

Jan D-M said...

We learn from each other, my friend.