Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Inn

Yesterday, I was reading and reflecting on the pier. I was in awe of the beauty around me... the radiance of the sun, the rolling of the waves, the bald eagle peering down at me. I happened across the nativity story in the Gospel of Luke. For some reason, I was really struck by there not being any room in the inn. It would be easy to say that there simply was no room in the inn. However, I started wondering about this from a larger perspective. The nativity narratives are kind of the Gospel in miniature. What does it mean to not have any room in the inn? The inn is the place of safety, the "normal" place to stay overnight, the warm place. There wasn't room for Jesus in the inn. I wonder what that means for me, for us.

Later.

Tater Todd (my first-grade nickname - we always had tater tots at lunch. tater tots - Tater Todd)

No comments: