Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hair Cut

I broke down and got a hair cut this week. (I'm serious. I really did - Tuesday at noon. I didn't say anything about combing it.) I'm not sure how it ended up in this completely disheveled state. It might have to do with working on the message for Saturday night. Ironically, the title is Wow, It's Windy Out There! Or maybe it was riding bike tonight at 11:00 to drop off my notes at the church for the copier. A word of caution: watch out when turning the wrong way onto one-way streets when a police officer is driving right at you. Or maybe it arrived at this state because of stressing over copper. I've been told that my hair gets messy when I'm studying and pondering. Or maybe the humid weather is contributing to the disarray. Wow, it was hot out today.

Anyway, I decided to write about my hair tonight while snacking on crackers, cheese, and pineapple. Why, you might ask? Well, for some reason my hair tends to be a topic of discussion or at least commentary. You see, there are two camps. One camp prefers the longer hair. Another camp wants the hair short. I'm serious. Some of my coworkers actually bring this up in discussion. It has also been a topic of conversation among other circles of family and friends.

My question is - why does it matter?

Who decides what the right hair length is anyway?

Are people with short hair any happier than people with long hair (or vice versa)?

Does God care about hair length?

1 comment:

Trent said...

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!" Cal Naughton, Jr.

My bet is that Jesus had long hair. Unless we are talking about the 8 pound 6 ounce baby Jesus. That is a totaly different story.