Monday, June 2, 2008

Christian Radio

I was on my way up to class tonight and had the radio tuned into PulseFM - a local Christian radio station. They were discussing the most recent kindergarten teacher scandal (this is the one where the parents put a tape recorder in the kid's pocket). Actually, discussing is not the right word. The dude on the radio asked listeners to call in and share what should happen to the teacher. Of course, there were some rather angry comments and the word pathetic was shared by several listeners. I don't drive very often because most place that I need to get to are within bike-riding distance. The last time I drove anywhere, it was the same dude asking about the previous scandal (when the teacher had all the other students tell the kid what they didn't like about him) with similar responses.

Okay, so I'm not condoning the behavior of the teachers. However, I'm really not sure that it is the place of Christian radio to try these cases on the radio waves. I'm not sure it is the place of Christian listeners to call in and stand as judges over others

No comments: