Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Last night at church, Pastor Bill asked us to share thoughts about our fathers. Of course, I think back to fishing at the cabin, playing T-ball with Dad as the coach, moving pigs at the farm, or learning how to drive a stick shift in the bean field. Dad has offered words of encouragement during the times when I have dealt with my blood problem. As one of the core originators of the Holy Walk, he has literally touched the lives of 1000s over the last quarter of a century. He has served his church in multiple capacities. Even today, Dad continues to help with township projects including the purchase of fire trucks, ambulance contracts, and getting a new fence around Little Egypt. He has done these things with extreme humbleness and faith. However, last night, I shared about how Dad has always been able to write letters and poems with extreme poignancy and love. Most recently, I think back to Christmas dinner when he wrote a stirring poem in honor of his Mom - who was physically missing, for the first time, from our holiday festivities. I'd like to share this thank you note that he wrote after Easter dinner this year.

Dad, I'm glad that you had a good time at the game!



No comments: