Monday, March 1, 2010

Pressing On Revisited Yet Again

Jenn and I spent Saturday morning and early afternoon with friends in Lafayette. While Jenn and Katie were shopping, Nick and I headed over to Barnes & Noble.

As strange as it sounds, going to a bookstore has almost become a spiritual experience. Somehow, more often than not, a book just kind of jumps off the shelf. This day was no different. As I looked over titles, a book stood out from all of the rest:

The Naked Gospel by Andrew Farley.

I mean who wouldn't be a least a little curious about a title that includes Naked and Gospel?

So I started reading and before long am already at page 55. Why? This is a book that makes so much sense to me. Because it makes so much sense, it is almost like speed reading. Pieces from my ongoing spiritual journey start to make more sense. Questions about what is going on in our world become a tiny bit more clear.

It even applied to a recent decision as related in a previous post.

It has to do with laws.

More specifically, The Law.

Well, time for work, but more to come.

1 comment:

Don said...

I really relate to book stores being a semi-spiritual experience. Its about the only store that I can spend longer in than any store Jackie shops in; I love entering a book store without a single plan or idea of what I am going to buy, and just peruse and see what "jumps" out at me as a book I need to read. I've found some great titles that way.

Always enjoy reading your blog.