Saturday, March 13, 2010

Crossroad

As discussed in my previous post, I was recently running and came to an intersection. Over the past few months, I have encountered this intersection many times while running - sometimes more than one time a day. However, on this particular run, the intersection had much more meaning. In fact, I couldn't get the intersection out of my head and decided to take a picture of it. (Actually, I'd like to try taking a picture again and blur out the background. A nearby dog was barking like crazy so we were creating quite a disturbance. It was not a great time to be artistic!)

You see, on that particular run, I look up and saw a cross created by the two road signs, Mt. Cavalry and Winding. This intersection kind of summarizes life. Life is this kind of winding road with detours, country roads, potholes, and freeways. Eventually, though, the winding path comes to a place call Mt. Cavalry. And at this intersection is a cross. The key, though, is what happens after this encounter. A couple of options exist.

Option 1
Turn around and go back.

Option 2
Keep traveling along that Cavalry road.

Option 3
Stay at the Cross.

Option 4
Move on down a New Winding road with the confidence and freedom of new life.

No comments: