Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finding the Kairos Cross

This week, I have struggled to keep track of writing utensils. On Monday, my office did not have a single writing utensil available. So I ventured down the hall to an abandoned office in search of a pencil or pen. Much to my delight, a pencil stared back at me upon opening the center desk drawer. This pencil worked great. But, of course, all pencils need to eventually be sharpened. On Tuesday morning, I asked a coworker if he knew where the nearest pencil sharpener was located. He informed me that the only one he knew of was in the water treatment room - literally, about a half mile away. Well, fortunately, it was about lunch-time and I was in need of a short drive (and a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte). Upon returning back to the plant, I grabbed a pen out of my Bible before exiting the car and happily continued on my working way. Except, about an hour later, after running an errand in the plant, my pen had disappeared. It was just starting to get ridiculous. Not willing to break down and ask coworkers for a pen or pencil again, I found the pile of junk that came with me from Bremen and was convinced there had to be a pen. I located a box that looked promising, opened it, and saw a brown string. Surprised, I grabbed the string and pulled out my Kairos cross. This was pretty amazing considering that the retreat is coming up this weekend and I had assumed the cross had ended up misplaced during the move. No, it had been right there with me all the time - I just couldn't see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

todd,
what a neat story about finding the cross. we all need to find the cross. have agreat retreat.
hi jenn.
love dad