Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Voices of God

A friend shared that he also has some kind of perhaps semi-spiritual experience in bookstores.

He wrote, "I love entering a book store without a single plan or idea of what I am going to buy."

Several words came to mind when I read this statement.

Freedom.
Open-mindedness.
Spontaneity.

I have often considered the different images of God... God in others, God in nature, God as teacher...

However, the different voices of God have never even been on the radar. Yet, why wouldn't God use a book to share something with us? Why wouldn't God use a gurgling stream or a buzzing wind mill turbine to offer some insights? I have always assumed that the voice of God had to sound like someone talking. Now, this narrow view sounds kind of confining, perhaps absurd.

No comments: