Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sledding



So last night, I had this idea. I'm not sure if any of you have noticed, but the ground is covered in ice. That means that the sledding hills are covered in ice, too. I started thinking down the list of people who might be interested in sledding. This afternoon, I called Tim. He sounded a little hesitant and then remembered that he had stats at the basketball game tonight. However, the game ended up being cancelled and we headed out to locate sleds in B-town.


Family Dollar - NO


Dollar General - NO


A bit despondent, we looked and beheld a sign hanging outside Koontz Hardware.


Sleds


Alright!


After getting some warm clothes, we headed over to Sunnyside park. Sure enough, the hill is covered in ice. It was awesome. We could sled all the way across the soccer field to the parking lot. (Actually, my red racer made it 3/4 away across the parking lot.) Because of the sleet, we stopped by my house for safety glasses and goggles. This is definitely a benefit of working with chemicals! Off to Shadyside park for more sledding and a bit of a snowball fight. I asked Tim why he sounded a bit hesitant when I first asked him about going sledding.


He said that it just seemed a bit spontaneous.


Spontaneous.


I like the sound of that.

2 comments:

Trent said...

Sledding?!?! How cool. I wish I had a sled. By the way. Your blog looks AWESOME! Good job, T.

Justin said...

Have you ever been to Pokagon State Park? Well, this past Saturday I was there with 7 friends, just enough for 2 fully-loaded toboggan's on the park's refrigerated toboggan run, and we did something I've never done before. Due to the same ice conditions you mentioned above, we were actually able to go much much farther than they ever normally go, passing over a natural embankment and down the next hill, onto the frozen lake! It was wicked awesome, and a little scary, especially as cracks started forming beneath us while we walked back.