Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Blessing or a Curse




I know some people who are extremely organized. Some people have a place for everything. One of my friends even has his garage completely organized. This amazes me.


I am not one of these people.

I'm just not wired that way.


The strange thing is that I know how to organize things and have done this for various projects at work - dies, cabinets, even tools for operators. However, I have absolutely no interest in maintaining the organizational scheme once it is set up.


Since purchasing the house, I have been on a purging mission. However, trips to New York and school interrupted this mission. This afternoon, I hit it hard again for a few hours - organizing files and cleaning in one of the closets. While working in the closet, I was just baffled by the randomness. I really don't know what is going through my head or how things end up where they end up. Above you will see some pictures to demonstrate the point.


The first picture is of various items that were piled together on a top shelf.


A blue sweater vest
Finger nail clippers
Discolored wire samples from when I was working in Lafayette
A broken umbrella
A paper entitled "Controlled Reactions on a Copper Surface"
Sheet music for Halle, Halle, Halleluja and Christ Has Risen

The second picture is the contents of a plastic bag stashed on the shelf. Items in the bag:
A German Dictionary
7 unused envelopes
The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis
pg 92 of UL1581 - Physical Properties of XLPO Insulations
The second page of sheet music for Were You There?


The third picture is the contents of a second bag stashed on the shelf. Items in this second bag:
A letter from Bremen Chevrolet
Praise Habit by David Crowder (I have actually been looking for this book so was delighted to have it appear.)
2 notebooks
A couple pads of unused sticky notes
Cleansing the Leper by Bob Swank
2 one dollar bills
1 glove


Okay, now I'm actually laughing out loud at this random compilation.


This really leaves me with the question: Is this deficiency in organization a curse... or a blessing?
Out.

2 comments:

Trent said...

Todd, you found money! How cool is that?!?!

Maybe even enough to pay for that steaming cup heaven we will partake in tomorrow morning.

Later

Abby Miller said...

that's exactly what I was thinking when I read about the contents of your bags-- "what an odd combination"